Thursday, May 29, 2008
A Prayer Request
I just had my OB visit and Jack and Mommy are doing well but Jack is breech right now. Next week if he has not yet done a good somersault then we will discuss trying to do an external cephalic version where the doctor tries to turn the baby by gently pressing on my stomach. Please pray that he transitions on his own and that my heart would not be anxious as we wait. The thought of a C-section really scares me but I want to trust in His perfect care and have a contented heart whatever the outcome. After the doctor told me this news my heart was very anxious and still is so I pray the Lord will use this to increase my faith and trust in His sovereign plan. I asked the kids to pray for Jack daily that he would do a good flip and be ready for delivery. Katy prayed "Dear God please help Jack to do a somersault and flip. Amen" It is a good reminder that the Lord is near to those who call on Him and that He desires for us to cast our burdens on Him as He cares for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm praying like Katy...that Jack will do a somersault and flip flop on his own.
~Cherie
Elizabeth,
Just blog-hopping and ran across you today. Since your little guy is breech - I thought I'd post a comment for you - Ellie, our first born, stubborn and sweet little girl that she is . . . was also breech. I went in for my 37 week appt and my dr checks - sure enough two little feet were where a head was supposed to be. He scheduled me for a version later that day (which I was totally up for, cause I had told Flavio during our birthing class not to listen to the c-section part cause we were having a natural, unmedicated birth - anyways- the long and short of it . . . the version was on a thursday, Ellie was born via c-section the following tuesday and it was a great experience!
I was fortunate to have a vbac with Lily and that too was an amazing experience - so I've had them both!
The C-section was nice, cause we checked in and got all setup and from first cut to birth was like 24 minutes. My recovery was great!
All that to say ...a c-section isn't the end of the world!
But, I will pray that your little Jack cooperates and flips himself around.
Enjoy your next few days/weeks.
~michelle castro
praying like Katy!! :) it will all work out ok!
Post a Comment