Monday, November 17, 2008

Pork Roast with Apple Glaze

Wow, this is an awesome recipe and it makes the house smell soooo good!  We had Preschool this morning so I usually try to do an easy meal on Mondays and use the Crock Pot whenever possible.  Thanks to my Mom I have a working Crock Pot now that actually cooks our food and doesn't leave me discouraged with every attempt.

2-3 lb boneless pork loin or I used a pork roast from Costco
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tb flour
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves

For later 1 (15 oz) can applesauce (around 2 cups)

Place roast in slow cooker.  Mix up next 7 ingredients and rub evenly over roast.  Cook 7-8 hours on HIGH.  30 minutes before cooking time is up spread applesauce over roast.  Serves 4-6.

I put it in at around 7:30 and got home around 1pm and the roast was completely done and falling apart so the cook time varies but it was sooo moist and it tastes just like the flavors of those honey baked hams.  I haven't even put the applesauce on it and it really doesn't need it because it is so flavorful.

Enjoy!


5 comments:

cathy said...

Yummmm... I am going to ry this... I have failed at everything Crock pot (except apple cider!!)
thanks!!

Joyful said...

I can't "crock pot" either. What kind did you get? It's a disaster every time I try, so I've given up and just use the oven.

Mommy Roth said...

Cathy and Joy...it might just be your crock pot..seriously. I had disaster after disaster and it was the old crock pot which was well a hand me down probably 15+ years old. I got mine from WalMart. It was only $26 and it's the Crock Pot brand (also known as Rival) and it has a red interior with a red handle and comes with a tiny one for like dips or just apple cider to make the house smell good. Costco also has a Rival and there's a coupon that starts today but not sure how much it actually is.

Cherie said...

This sounds soooooooooooooo good.
I'm going to get brave and try it.
I too have had trouble with crock pots, but will give it another shot.
Rick surprised me with a new crock pot about a year ago, but so far I have only made hot cider in it.

Thanks!

Dave & Kari Grossman said...

Mmm, this looks so good! And pork loins are on sale at vons starting wednesday. Perfect timing.