Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Daddy and the kids


Random pictures of course in a strange order.







On a personal note.  I have been feeling very overwhelmed (which I know is not resting in the Lord).  My house is still so behind in everything and I dread looking at it everyday and knowing it won't get done that day either.  The Lord is faithful to remind us of Himself and our need to worship Him above a clean house, a good meal, or obedient children.  The kids were asking me to tell them some Bible stories while I fed Jack and so I read the parable of the Samaritan and then about Mary and Martha.  Thinking these would be good for "them" to hear I was struck by the lack of worship in my own heart as Mary had while He taught in her home.  I know that the Lord desires an orderly home but worship of Him should be foremost.  I find it so hard to take a quiet moment with Him when I see everything that needs to get done, so maybe I am like Martha in that way.  I know that those moments with the Lord can not be "taken away" as Jesus stated.  All our daily activities should not be absent of worship to the Lord but I know we also need those times like Jesus when He went away to be just with the Father during the busyness of His ministry.  

2 comments:

Jason/Lindsay said...

Hey Elizabeth - I appreciate your thoughts. Just this week I have really again made it a priority to make myself spend time with the Lord before I do all the other stuff that is begging to get done and I am so much more refreshed and focused than the frazzled and overtaxed me I was before! You'll have more time and energy some days and as Jack gets older. For now, enjoy God, Steve, and the kiddos and if there's no time for anything else, you've done what matters most, right?

Clint Archer said...

such a good reminder! i often feel overwhelmed and think that my house will never be clean/meals made/time for hospitality etc. and have time for everything in between! but the Lord is good to give us special recharge time in His word! (although squeezed in here and there while Noah is playing on the patio!)