Saturday, February 14, 2009

Every girl needs her jeans

maybe it's just me but I thought this picture was so cute.  little girls with pig tails and jeans are so cute...and it's my little girl so it makes it even cuter.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Yes, she is a doll! As for your questions, my header picture is big I think because I save it pretty big and so it just turns out that way. I have saved it in smaller dimensions before and it does come out smaller. It is funny you asked because I was just thinking...I have to shrink that picture, it takes up half the page!
As for the DVD of each girl each year I do it on iMovie on my MAC and then export to iDVD. Do you have a mac?

Mommy Roth said...

Thanks, that does help me. Yes we have a MAC. Did your Mac ever get slow. It has to think so much before each new task. I just cleaned up the desktop since a friend suggested that. We've had it for a couple years now I think. I will work on some iMovies too when I have time...haha. How are you feeling?

Heidi said...

Rick recommends more RAM for your slow computer :)

rick said...

I don't have one of those fancy blog templates like you two, but under the "Page Elements" section under "Layout" where you add the photo to your title, there is something there that says that your photo should be like 792p wide or something like that (but I think it only shows that when you don't have any picture on your profile currently). So I just export my photo (through iPhoto) to match the width it tells me to do. And generally width-wise pictures work a little better than length-wise ones.

In addition to the RAM, I don't know if you leave your Mac on all the time or not but apparently it does its own sort of hard disk defrag in the middle of the night (we leave our desktops on 24/7, but every couple weeks I will either shut down or restart). That might help a little.

There is also something called "Activity Monitor" on the Mac that will tell you how much RAM is being used at that time, as well as the programs that you are eating your RAM.

Heidi's iMac came with 512MB RAM, and over time it just got really slow so I added 1GB. It seemed to help quite a bit. I think 1GB is the bare minimum these days, but at least 2GB is preferred.