WE LOVE YOU JACK!
Well we have been sick around here (Carter and Mommy). Carter and I got sick on Friday with a fever and then Carter started vomiting and that stopped yesterday but he still hasn't eaten anything even if I offer his favorite foods so I know he is really not well (he loves to eat). And I am feeling much better and glad I didn't get the vomiting part just high fever, aches, and now a throat infection and I got a prescription to clear it up. But in the midst of our sleepless nights and body aches some great things have happened. Jack has continued to smile more and more. Even when I felt awful and had to feed him which made me even more feverish he was all smiles and such a sweetie. Katy was so helpful and concerned about her brother and mommy and kept herself so entertained in her room. Carter's heart was so tender during his illness as he wanted to pray for others, prefer his sister in situations and even thanked me for taking such good care of him. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with Jack and Carter was laying on the floor and he said "Mom can we pray that Jack will love the Lord?" Sometimes I am amazed at what the Lord can do in their hearts and it does give me hope that in His time He can choose to save them. I think I really needed this time to ponder the blessings of motherhood and how much I need to commit to prayer that I would love my children and pray earnestly that God would help me in this endeavor. Even in the midst of this time Jack's schedule and sleeping was a bit off and yet it didn't bother me as it might have before. The Lord is so gracious in our time of weakness to give us grace and strength to care for our sick children when we ourselves are physically weak. Well back to my day and feeding Jack. What a blessed job I have!

2 comments:
He's getting so big--what a cutie!
Oh my goodness Elizabeth...he just
keeps getting cuter and cuter.
Post a Comment