Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Fun filled weekend!

We just got back from a fun weekend with my parents. It snowed so that added to the normal fun that we have. The kids enjoyed running around in the snow and collecting icicles. I enjoyed staying inside by the warm fire, watching Hallmark movies, decorating my Mom's room and going through all the jewelry from generations past. On our way home we stopped by the Hanggi Ranch. I grew up roaming the hills, playing in the barn, fishing in the pond, throwing cow patties, playing hide and go seek amongst the hay barrels to name a few. My dad now has the ranch since my grandfather has been gone for a number of years now. I have been wanting to go look in the deserted barn for a while to see what kind of treasures might be found. And boy did I find some treasures along with some not so nice things but that didn't deter me too much. I only screamed once when a barn cat jumped out from under some boards. I can't wait to go back with my Dad and get his help removing some things and I know there are more hidden jems underneath all the junk and yucky animal stuff. I posted a few of the finds that I immediately spotted. A table that is a pale teal and white and already very distressed, an old red retro stool, a trunk that Katy and I might fight over, I mean flip for, and some doors, window frames, stools, and various other things.














2 comments:

Unknown said...

so pretty! i love that chest.

Cherie said...

It looks like a perfect weekend!