Thursday, August 27, 2009

Joy in the journey

No pics this time...just thinking about how the weeks that are difficult are the weeks that you can look back on and laugh or see the nearness of the Lord where it may not have been that obvious if they were a breeze. I am thankful the Lord is near to those who call on Him. I am thankful for my oldest boy who always tells me I am beautiful and the best Mom ever. Tonight when I tucked him in bed he wanted 2 kisses cause one just wasn't enough. They are so quick to forget our impatience towards them or how we didn't take the time to listen to something that interested them because we needed to wipe the counter or something so insignificant. Do you sometimes feel like you have so much growing up to do and your kids are growing too fast? I guess there are certain times when I am sick and need to slow down that I take more time to ponder where I am at and what needs fixing in my own heart. My children for sure reveal the depths of it, and while it is painful I am thankful for their sanctifying influence on my life.

3 comments:

cathy said...

I hope I learn as much as you did in the first week of school!!!
JOY is the correct perspective we should have!! Thank you my friend!

Kim Archer said...

thanks, i often have the same thoughts but have never put them down in language (if that makes sense!) so good to hear!

Cherie said...

So sweet! We learn soooooooo much from our little ones. God must have thought I have lots more to learn. We now have 2 more little ones living with us!
Hopefully we will be able to teach them as well. We are so blessed.
(I'm missing you!)